LAST UPDATED: JUNE 2021
Who we are
MedicalMarks works with healthcare organizations in helping them gain insights to what others experience with and have preferences for their products and services. We also collect information that we send to these organizations of who are interested in their products and services. These organizations may also use our services to help them understand what their employees are experiencing.
What We Collect, How We Collect, & Why We Collect It
MedicalMarks collects, analyzes, and reviews the participants’ responses to our surveys. We do this for our clients who have hired us to gain insight into the experiences and preferences of potential, past, and current patients, physicians, and other healthcare entities. Our clients’ sincere and legitimate interests in using the collected responses are to comprehend what they should change and how they can improve. They may also use these insights to offer better products and services. Also, MedicalMarks has the same interest in using the collected data to improve our offerings.
We may collect the following information from your survey submission—
- Contact Information (i.e., email, phone number, address)
- Organization Information (i.e., organization name, job title, organization email address, department, and reason for contact)
- Demographic Information (i.e., gender, age-range, household income)
- Question responses
You have the right and ability to refuse to provide any personal information. Some of our offerings (i.e., products, services, information) may require you to complete a survey or participate in an interview to provide personal information. Refusing to participate will mean you will not receive the offering.
To enable you to interact with our websites and online products and services, we may also collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information needed for authentication and account access.
To enable purchases of products and services, we collect data necessary to processing payments. Such information may include a credit card number and the associated security code if that is your chosen method of payment.
We may also request and collect other data from you via forms on our websites. In each case, you will know what personal data you provide to us because you actively and voluntarily provide it.
When you interact with one of our websites or apps, we automatically collect the following data using cookies and other data collection tools:
- Your IP address
- Your domain server
- Type of device(s) used to access the website (i.e., desktop, mobile, PC, Mac)
- Your browser and additional device information, such as device model, carrier/network, battery life information, and basic usage statistics about your device
- Your real-time GPS or other geolocation data when you allow us to receive information through the location (or similar) settings on your device
- The referring webpage or other sources through which you accessed our websites or apps
Within your web browser, you can choose to accept and reject a cookie. You can also receive a notification of cookies that our site may set.
We may use third-party tools that may also set cookies to track web traffic, to measure website usability, to diagnose performance issues, and to communicate with visitors via live chat.
We may also use personal data to:
- protect against, prevent, and manage the risk of exposure to fraud, legal claims, and liabilities
- respond to your inquiries and requests
- process and manage opt-out or unsubscribe requests
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, codes, and industry standards and practices
- create and send communications to you
- respond to subpoenas or orders of a court or government agency
- establish, exercise, or defend legal claims, including, but not limited to, protecting MedicalMarks’ rights and/or property
When you log into our website, we also collect your username and password and track your activity within your account. If you contact us for assistance with your account, you can provide our support team access to resolve the issue.
As previously mentioned, we may provide you information to our products and services. To access these, you will be required to enter personal information that we will collect. We may use that personal information to email you newsletters, reports, product offers, surveys, and marketing materials.
If you reside in the EU or in any country that requires you to consent and opt-in, we will comply with those laws. If have you consented and opted-in, you can at any time opt-out by contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing a written request to the following address—
PO BOX 57633
Salt Lake City UT 84157
How We Use Your Data
Your personal data will be accessible by our employees who require access to further our business interests as described above.
- hosting our websites
- hosting our email server
- processing your payments
- maintaining, enhancing, or adding to the functionality of our websites
- processing and fulfilling orders
- collecting web analytics data
- enabling us to send you emails or perform other administrative services.
We may share personal data with other parties, including the following:
- governmental authorities pursuant to applicable laws or court processes or as we reasonably deem necessary to prevent harm, financial loss, fraud, or illegal activity;
- others pursuant to consent obtained from you.
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade any personal data with third parties for any promotional purposes unrelated to our business or to our own products and services without your consent.
Your Rights If You are a Person in the European Economic Area
If you are in the European Economic Area, you may have the following rights, which may be subject to limitation:
- Right to access, rectify or erase your personal data
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- Right to obtain copies of your personal data held by us for the purpose of transferring it to yourself or another party specified by you
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data
- Right to not be subject to automated decision-making
To exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as described above. Our obligations with respect to the foregoing objections and requests are governed by applicable laws and regulations.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal data with any applicable supervisory authority.
Your Rights as a California Resident
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such requests, you may contact us as described above.
How We Secure and Store Your Data
We implement technical, physical, and organizational measures designed to assist in maintaining the security and confidentiality of your personal data; safeguarding against anticipated threats to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal data; and protecting your personal data against loss, misuse, unauthorized alteration or destruction, and unauthorized access or disclosure.
However, whenever personal data is processed, there is a risk that such data could be lost, misused, modified, hacked, breached, and/or otherwise accessed by an unauthorized third party. No system or online transmission of data is completely secure. In addition to the technical, physical, and organizational measures that we have in place to protect your personal data, you should use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. If you believe that your account or any information you provided to us is no longer secure, notify us immediately by email at email@example.com.
We do not knowingly market our products or services to and do not solicit or collect information from, children under the age of 16. We may ask users for their age to ensure that we are not collecting information from children under age 16 or to identify when additional steps may be necessary for connection with information collected from persons who have not reached the age of maturity in the jurisdiction in which they reside. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under age 16 without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have personal data from or about a child under 16, please contact us as described above.
This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time to remain consistent with the requirements of any applicable laws. We will post the revised version on our website and update the “last updated” date above to reflect the date of the changes.